Baked Cinnamon French Toast
Baked Cinnamon French Toast
Did you lot lead maintain a proficient Labor Day? I spent close of the twenty-four hours recovering from my black shift, but my married adult man together with kids surprised me amongst cupcakes (from The Sweet Tooth Fairy) when I woke upwards from my nap, merely to tell thank you lot to me for working hence difficult lately. After a tough calendar week at work, it was merely the boost I needed. I dear my sugariness petty family! 🙂
If I hadn’t been scheduled to function this weekend, though, this baked cinnamon french toast would lead maintain been at the overstep of my listing to brand for Labor Day! It’s i of my real favorite recipes, together with i that I brand oftentimes for exceptional occasions (or merely whenever I desire our weekend to live extra special). It does lead maintain a petty advance planning, but it’s incredibly slow to brand together with hence delicious! It smells amazing spell it’s baking (seriously, I mean value I should bottle the odor together with sell it!) together with makes your whole describe of piece of occupation solid odor delicious. The bottom turns into a moist, rich custardy consistency, together with the overstep is crisp together with sugariness together with topped amongst crunchy cinnamon streusel. This recipe is a crowd pleaser, too! I’ve served it for household unit of measurement brunches inwards the past, together with I dear that it’s hence slow to prep ahead of time, together with hence push clit out together with bake merely earlier serving. This is definitely i of my overstep 10 favorite recipes to make, together with i that you lot lead maintain to try!
for the french toast:
1 loaf french bread
2 cups milk
1/2 loving cup heavy cream or one-half together with half
3/4 loving cup sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
for the streusel topping:
1/2 loving cup flour
1/2 loving cup brownish sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 loving cup mutual frigidness butter, cutting into pieces
- Grease a ix x xiii baking dish together with laid aside.
- Cut the french breadstuff into 1 inch cubes together with house inwards the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl or criterion cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, together with vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the breadstuff pieces.
- Cover amongst plastic wind or foil together with refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- In a pocket-size bowl, whisk together the flour, brownish sugar, cinnamon, together with salt.
- Cut inwards the butter using a pastry blender or ii knives, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the overstep of the french toast.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until the french toast alone jiggles slightly when shaken together with is golden brownish on top.
- Let cool slightly earlier serving.