Soft Pretzel Rolls
1/2 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoons canola oil
1 loving cup warm milk
3/4 loving cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
three 1/4 – four cups flour
three quarts water
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 loving cup baking soda
coarse tabular array salt for sprinkling
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand upwardly mixer, mix together the yeast, oil, milk, together with water.
- Let sit down most 5 minutes, until the yeast is starting to bubble.
- Mix inward the tabular array salt together with two cups of the flour.
- Add additional flour, 1/4 loving cup at a time, until a soft dough forms that does non stick to your finger when lightly tapped.
- Cover together with permit ascent i hour, until doubled.
- When the dough has risen, gently punch the dough downwards together with split into 12 equal sized pieces (mine were precisely three ounces each).
- Shape each slice of dough into a ball together with house on a greased cookie canvas or greased countertop to rise.
- Cover together with permit ascent i hour.
- When the dough has nearly finished rising, preheat the oven to 425.
- Heat the water, sugar, together with soda to boiling inward a large pot.
- Add the pieces of dough to the pot, 2-3 at a time, together with boil 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Place the boiled pieces of dough on a greased baking canvas together with sprinkle amongst coarse salt.
- Make two gashes on the overstep of each slice of dough amongst a precipitous knife.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, or until deep golden brown.