I know, I know, I’m belike the final blogger on the aspect upwardly of the the world to post a version of zuppa toscana. This soup has been all over Pinterest since Pinterest began! In all fairness, though, I’ve tried a pretty broad multifariousness of zuppa toscana recipes, too this was the kickoff i that I deemed weblog worthy. So yous know it’s good! This soup has a lot going for it – it’s slow to make, it has pretty minimal ingredients, too it’s super delicious. Plus it has bacon. Bacon is ever a win! I know Olive Garden makes their zuppa toscana amongst kale, too yous tin dismiss definitely substitute it inwards this recipe for the spinach if yous desire it to hold out to a greater extent than authentic. However, my hubby absolutely despises kale, too I genuinely intend I prefer the spinach inwards this recipe. The spinach blends amongst the other ingredients a fiddling better, which makes for a to a greater extent than harmonious soup. This soup isn’t precisely the same equally the Olive Garden soup, but it’s definitely tasty too filling, too perfect for a mutual coldness night!
four slices bacon, chopped
1/2 pound turkey italian sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
four cups chicken broth
ii large potatoes, peeled too diced
iii cups babe spinach
1 loving cup one-half too half
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot or dutch oven, pocket-sized the bacon until crisp.
- Remove too drain on a newspaper towel.
- Add the sausage, onion, too garlic to the pot.
- Break the sausage into smaller pieces too laid upwardly through.
- Add the chicken broth too potatoes to the pot too simmer 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir inwards the spinach, one-half too half, salt, too pepper, too permit the spinach to wilt.
- Taste too adjust seasonings equally needed.
- Serve immediately.